6.07.2007

Knitters Virtual Vacation Swap

So excited I made it in for the Knitters Virtual Vacation Swap!
There's still time and a few open spots if you'd like to join to.



create your own visited country map



1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
Maine - the sea, the beach, the mountains, the blueberries, the lobster, and to remember the summer I met my husband and many of the other most important people in my life.
or Texas, cause it's always nice to visit home.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
Somewhere I've never been before. New Zealand? Bhutan? Japan? Would definitely go back to South Africa, or any of the other spots I've visited.

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
Oh yeah - from St. Louis, Mo down through OK and TX across the deep south and up along Rt 1 through the Blue Ridge Mountains to NE US all the way to Maine (see #1). I've hit 41 states in the US (80%) and 12 countries in all (only 5%). I've got a lot of work to do.
Check your own stats at http://www.world66.com/myworld66

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
Hong Kong and Sao Paolo felt exotic. So did Poland (Warsaw-a blur of borscht and cured meats and Krakow-where I ate the best fried egg of my life) and South Africa.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?
Love our annual winter warm weather escape to a beach destination. Really happy anywhere I can relax with my family.

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
Absolutely - canoe trips, zoos, museums, trying new restaurants. I have a 3 yr old. I have to start introducing him to world somehow.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?
Yes to all.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn?
Natural fibers, for the most part. Unique colors. Soft, soft, soft.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?
Novelty. Scratchy.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
Berets, teddy bears, socks, sweaters, dishcloths, legwarmers, shrugs - most everything.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
Sock and beret projects.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
Cook and sew.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
nope

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
Love greens. Don't like day-glo.

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
Both: one after the other after the other after the...

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?
not desperately

No comments: