Ahhh... The Japanese Plum has burst into bloom and the Craftstrasvaganza was yesterday. Happiness.
So many great vendors and the lovers of craft were many. So many, in fact, that it, again, called into question why the "powers-that-be" consistently underestimate our numbers. Someday, I dream of a Craftsravaganza with sufficient space.
Highlights of the event:
- Attending with the illustrious Miss Julie. We agreed (in lieu of getting to the fairgrounds at the crack of dawn and being one of the first 100 - thereby securing a goodie bag) to meet at my home in the morning, hold her saplings in our barn for a couple days, and make waffles (yum) . I do love the goodies so Miss Julie arrived bearing a compensatory goodie bag, complete with a 6 month extension to the Yarn of the Month Club. We all benefit! :-)
- The sweet Owl above from Crabtree Studio. Superb softies. No joke.
This little guy is for Z who believes an Owl sleeps outside his window at night to keep him safe. Who am I to argue?
- Boiled Art Editions by the talented Brian who's just finishing his residency at the Highpoint Center for Printmaking and who...
- Had printed one of Eireann's (recently arrived in Minnie from Paris and recently published) poems. I regrettably didn't purchase so will email Brian to get one post-event.
- This cuzzie from FuzFrensy. Super cute, and it works on Dr. Pepper! :-)
- And Aisha who will be teaching a spinning class at Crafty Planet in June. I am so there!
Stay tuned for an impending give-a-way announcement!!!