10.22.2007

Dragonscale Mitts


Pattern: Dragon Scale Mitts
Yarn: Frog Tree Alpaca - Sport Weight
Needles: US 3 DPNs
Duration: 4 days

See more details including a helpful hint for knitting at the Fingerless Mitts for Fall KAL blog.
I'm really groovin' on this mitts thing.


The garden is still turning out the hits. Beets here.
A completely underappreciated vegetable.

Knock off the big chunks of dirt, put in a pyrex with a little water, cover with foil and roast em in the oven at 350 for about an hour. Slip off the skins, slice and toss with a honey mustard vinaigrette and toasted sesame seeds.
Yummy yumkins.


Z will be a Power Ranger for Halloween. In fact, Z has not stopped being a Power Ranger since the Power Ranger suit was acquired. Perhaps Z was born a Power Ranger but BPRS (Before Power Ranger Suit) we just didn't know it.

:: awards given for maximum use of the word "Power Ranger"::


Demonstrating "The Communicator."

Yes, that's Duct Tape.

Yes, this is EXACTLY how he wanted it.


This is what Power Rangers do when they're not saving the world. Wait... with current events as they are perhaps playing with playdo DOES save the world. The boy's a genius.

Lastly (but not leastly) join Jessicah and me for Bake Along! Yeah!!!

11 comments:

Jessicah said...

Go the power rangers. I was never allowed to watch them on tv. But if we were to have halloween, a pink power ranger would be right up there on my list (surpassed, prehaps, by minnie mouse, for which I have the mean costume, and nowhere to wear it.) Love the mitts!

Lindy said...

Wow, that power ranger outfit brings back memories. I was a power ranger for Halloween once, ten years ago when the orignial series was first on. Who would've thought that of the few things that are still around from the 90s would be the Power Rangers franchise? Anyway, his costume is far cooler than mine ever was - look at those muscles! The mits are qutie nice, too! :)

veronica said...

My son has been busy being a storm trooper for the past few weeks. Your post made me laugh!! He looks pretty tough!

Guinifer said...

Go, go, Power Rangers!
So, even after 15 years, the Power Rangers Suits have NOT lost their powers to engage the hearts and minds of young men....(I NEVER liked the Pink Ranger, and then she was on Felicity and she was such a WHINER!)

Anonymous said...

Your mitts are so nice and your little guy is so cute!

Ali said...

Too much to love in this post - the mitts, the thought of good baking recipes to come, beetroot...

But I have to claim total Power Ranger illiteracy (though Mr Z would look cute in a paper bag). Play dough on the other hand... I'm a black belt.

Anonymous said...

Have you arranged with other parents to make the rest of the colours for the mighty morphin' action?

Knittymama said...

I agree...beets are the best. I curse those terrible canned things for making the world think they are no good!

Chickenbells said...

The mitts are wonderful (how many times do I get to say that?) I will have to try a pair myself...I actually just picked up my scarf from last year, and started in just fine...I was a bit worried about it since I hadn't knitted in so very long!

Catherine Kerth said...

LOVE the power ranger costume! too cute :) brandon and hillard are buzz lighyear this halloween.
love the dragonscale mitts.... you have great taste in mitts! I keep wanting to make what u do....

Bob said...

Just linking through, seeing where the bread-crum trail leads. But I just had to say, "The Green Ranger rocks." Or at least (according to my once four-year-old, now college senior, son) he did before Tommy became that faggoty white ranger.